Welcome to Maxim Law’s Family Law Videos
We want to help people resolve their most difficult family law issues. We created videos to answer your most commonly asked questions and to help you learn about our various practice areas, such as Friendly Divorce (a cost-effective approach to divorce), Minnesota Family Law Mediation, and Collaborative Divorce Law. You can discover what makes Maxim Law unique and get to know Attorney Allison Maxim below. We hope the videos will help in your decision-making process when finding an attorney.
Why Choose Maxim Law
- What makes Maxim Law unique?
- How does your master’s degree in psychology help you as a divorce lawyer?
- What do your best clients have in common?
- You talk about “Your Divorce Your Way.” How do you put this into practice?
- How does your master’s degree in psychology enable you to more effectively help your clients?
- Why did you become a lawyer?
- Why do you enjoy being a divorce and family law attorney?
Divorce and Family Law
- How are assets and liabilities divided in a divorce?
- How does our debt get divided in the property settlement?
- Must I include a mutual fund I acquired before we got married as part of the property settlement?
- In what situations might I have to pay spousal maintenance?
- What can I do if my spouse doesn’t pay the spousal maintenance provided for in the divorce decree?
- Can the original decree be changed if my ex has been given a big promotion?
- How is child support calculated?
- Are there rules about how I must use (or spend) child support payments?
- What can I do if my spouse doesn’t pay the child support provided for in the divorce decree?
- What is legal custody?
- What is physical custody?
- How does the fact that my spouse is an alcoholic factor into custody and support issues?
- My ex has anger management issues. I’m afraid the kids might get hurt with my ex. What can I do?
- How can my spouse’s postings on social media be used in custody decisions?
- Can I modify our original child support order to compel my ex to help pay for our daughter’s braces?
- Is there a way to change the parenting time in our divorce decree so I can see my kids more often?
- What is a parenting plan?
- What is an interstate divorce?
- I have custody of my kids and want to move out of state. Can I?
- If I move, will my ex still be required to pay child support?
- My ex has threatened to take my children and leave the state. What can I do?
- What is the Uniform Child Custody Jurisdiction and Enforcement Act?
- I recently moved to Minnesota and want to get divorced. Can I?
- My ex is from another country and is visiting family with the kids. What if they don’t come home?
- What is the Hague Convention? How does it govern international divorce?
- How do you help your clients navigate an international divorce?
- How are child support and spousal support dealt with in an international divorce?